INNATE's Preparing for the Fourth Trimester Course is for pregnant Mothers and families - to prepare for a nourishing, regenerative postpartum period.
This course focuses on the 5 Essentials of Postpartum Care - which are found throughout the world's postpartum traditions AND are deeply rooted in women's physiologic and psychologic design.
These 5 Essentials of Mother-Centered Postpartum Care are:
Essential 2: Warm in Temperature, Warm in Nature, Easy to Digest, Nutrient-Dense Food
Our digestive system is profoundly altered through pregnancy and birth. There are specific foods that should be eaten - and that should not to be eaten in the postpartum time to support long-term digestive health.
Essential 4: Warmth
Warmth in the postpartum time facilitates the production of Oxytocin. Oxytocin facilitates healing. Warmth causes our tissues to expand, which facilitates the moving of blood and lymph, which facilitates healing.
The first 4-classes of INNATE’s Preparing for the Fourth Trimester Course happen PRENATALLY. Information/education about postpartum physiology and psychology is shared, and each family is supported to develop a postpartum plan that meets their unique needs.
The 5th and final class of INNATE’s Preparing for the Fourth Trimester Course happens in the postpartum period. The families that participated together in the first four classes meet again, once everyone is at-least 6-weeks postpartum. The purpose of this final class is for MOTHERS and Fathers to be WITNESSED and CELEBRATED by this community.
In this way, we bring honor and a layer of completion to our rites of passage into Motherhood and Fatherhood.
INNATE POSTPARTUM CARE – PLANNING FOR THE FOURTH TRIMESTER COURSE:
- Offers essential postpartum education to women and their families with time-tested postpartum wisdom interwoven with modern science – supporting women’s long-term health and vitality.
- Nourishes with truthful information, helping to lead families in the right direction for an optimal postpartum period- in the name of creating a solid foundation for thriving family systems.
- Helps families create postpartum care plans tailored to the unique to the needs of each family.
- Supports the creation of or fortification of COMMUNITY.
- Offers CONTINUITY OF CARE. The INNATE Postpartum Care – Certified Providers teaching this class series, come from a variety of birth and health care providing backgrounds, and are able to provide you and your family with support in the postpartum time. Continuity of care within the medical world is understood to ‘improve clinical outcomes.’ Meaning that: continuity of care helps to facilitate healing.
- Offers discounts when Fathers/partners/friends/family who will be supporting Mother through and after birth, attend this class series with Mother. It is ESSENTIAL that NOT just pregnant Mothers are receiving this postpartum care education.
INNATE Postpartum Care works from the foundational understanding that: maternal health is foundational to society’s health. When Mothers are healthy and well, families are healthy and well. When families are healthy and well, communities are healthy and well – and this concentric ring of wellness continues to move outward to encompass the whole of the Earth. In optimally taking care of the Mothers, we are taking care of the future generations.
Click HERE to visit our Practitioners Directory to find an INNATE Postpartum Care – Certified Practitioner near to you. Or click HERE to see which INNATE Practitioner is teaching the next Preparing for the Fourth Trimester Course.
Planning for the Fourth Trimester - Certified Practitioners
Emma Marie Whelan
Starting July 16 & 17, 2022.
July 20, 27, Aug 3, 10, 17.
July - Every Monday 6:30 - 8:30 pm.
June 14th, until July 5th.
6:00 - 8:00pm
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Kaitlin Pearl Coghill
May 6, 13, 20 and 27 - final class post-birth TBD
Stephanie Soulseed Seliga-Soulseed
WINTER: February 14, 21, 28 & March 7 Final class tbd.
EARLY SPRING: April 4, 11, 18, 25 & Final class tbd
LATE SPRING: May 9, 16, 23 30 & Final class tbd
White Salmon, Washington