Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Innate Postpartum Care - Certification Training for?
I created INNATE Postpartum Care - Certification Training in 2015, as a secondary training for birth and health care providers. I acknowledged then what I acknowledge now: Most modern educational pathways for healthcare providers offer a framework for the postpartum period, that is rooted in pathology; pathology detection and pathology treatment. And that in order to be of true service to postpartum Mothers and families, it is imperative that healthcare providers have a framework for postpartum WELLNESS, rooted in a holistic understanding of postpartum physiology and psychology.
What if I'm not a birth or health care professional?
First: please read the above response in regards to Who is INNATE’s Training for? And second: INNATE’s Training is part of humanity’s great re-membrance - what is shared in class can support ALL of humanity during this collective time of repair. The ultimate ‘requirement’ to participate in INNATE’s Training, is a commitment to thriving LIFE, through the pathway of Maternal Health. If you meet this ‘requirement,’ you are most welcomed to take INNATE’s Training.
Do you accept payment plans for Innate Postpartum Care - Certification Training?
Yes, payment plans are accepted for all of INNATE’s training. They are set up as automatic payment plans, and available as the payment choice at the time of registration. Payments are non-refundable. Monthly payment is taken every month, the same day of the month as the first payment.
Do you offer scholarship/grants/trades for Innate Postpartum Care - Certification Training?
These scholarships we offer are in acknowledgment of 500+ years of racism being used as a weapon against humanity—with the understanding that this ‘history’ affects ALL of us today.
We feel it imperative for the health of all people, that each community has culturally-competent care providers with whom they feel good and safe with. This felt sense of safety is foundational for nervous-system regulation, which is foundational to wellness. The scholarships we offer is one part of our contribution to the creation of community wellness.
We believe that when we address our collective history of indoctrination of inferiority and superiority complexes – through dismantling our respective conditioning, through conscious dialogue and through external action – we will be able to create a world based in love and justice.
Our family is not in the position to offer trades/scholarships/loans beyond the outlined scholarships we do offer. This business structure we have created is how our family assures our health and vitality—therefore assuring our ability to continue offering what we do. INNATE’s training is how our family supports ourselves, and represents 20+ years of lifework.
If you are wanting to participate in INNATE Postpartum Care-Certification Training and do not qualify for the scholarships we offer and/or do not currently have the funds to register, we can suggest the following:
- We offer payment plans as outlined on the INNATE Postpartum Care landing page.
- Apply for a grant from a supporting organization.
- Take out a personal loan from a loved one.
- Ask an existing client to consider paying you in advance for your work, resourcing you to take this training.
There are many possibilities available to manifest the resources needed to take this training.
I created this training in part, to offer the necessary tools to birth and healthcare practitioners to create thriving businesses – in integrity and alignment with life. I support THRIVING LIFE on this planet, and this includes financially thriving through economic security.
What are the certification benefits?
Upon successful completion of the Certification Requirements, Certification as an INNATE Postpartum Care—Certified Practitioner offers:
- The ability to Identify yourself as an INNATE Postpartum Care - Certified Practitioner in your respective community and work.
- Be included in the INNATE Postpartum Care - Certified Practitioner Practitioner’s Directory on our website.
- Be included in marketing/advertising through Innate Traditions’ website and social media.
- Have access to a private, INNATE Practioner web page, where you have access to:
- A 5-class community education series to teach in your community entitled: INNATE Postpartum Care – Planning for the Fourth Trimester Course.
- Media pack – of marketing and advertising materials for the community education series
- Handouts to use with your clients – based on the community education series.
- Recorded webinars and ongoing educational resources.
- INNATE Postpartum Care—Certified Practitioner logo for your business purposes.
What is the structure of Innate's Online Training?
INNATE's Training is a 9-month long intensive class and community container, led by Rachelle and our experienced assistant teachers, and co-created with you. Classes are always on Wednesdays, at 12 noon Pacific Standard Time / (3 pm Eastern Standard Time), running from September 20th, 2023 through June 12th, 2024. We recommend you attend live for learning integration and interactive dialogue. There are 3-4 LIVE, ONLINE classes each month, with pacing according to our co-creative journey together. All LIVE classes are recorded and stored in our online classroom, available to watch at your convenience. Expert Sessions are presented by INNATE Assistant Teachers, to exalt our understanding of postpartum wellness. There is time for Questions & Answers during each live class - to connect in dialogue and community. There are 2 small-group mentorship sessions per month with INNATE Assistant Teachers, and there are opportunities to practice Co-Counseling Sessions with other students.
Do I have to attend classes LIVE or can I rewatch at a later date?
All of INNATE's classes are taught LIVE online - classes are not pre-recorded. All classes are recorded and stored in our online platform. On average, about half of registered students attend LIVE and half watch class recordings. You can do whatever works for you - this is the beauty of online learning.
Do you offer refunds on course registration / tuition?
We do not offer refunds on course registration / tuition. You are welcome, however, to gift or sell your place to another woman (they will still need to complete a registration form).
How long are the class replays available for - once INNATE's Training ends?
Class replays are available for 9 months, once INNATE's Training has ended. INNATE's Training is set up in the following way:
- INNATE's Training itself is 9 months long. This is a 9-month period of intra-gestation
- Class replays are available for 9 months after live classes have ended, and within this 9-months certification requirements are to be met as well. This is a 9-month period of exo-gestation.
I'm logged into the class but the modules are empty:
Since the classes are LIVE the information and class details will be uploaded typically within 24 hours after the LIVE class.
Postpartum Care Certification
What are the certification requirements to become an Innate Postpartum Care - Certified Practitioner?
To become CERTIFIED as an INNATE Postpartum Care Practitioner, the following requirements must be met within 9 months of completion of training:
- Required reading of 5 books.
- Three Case Studies applying INNATE Postpartum Care teachings. The purpose of case studies is:
- That we are not just ‘talking’ about the information/understanding it from our minds only, but rather that we are embodying it; and
- That you begin to envision how you want to weave INNATE’s teachings into the work you are already doing—and then try it out. In this way, you will be developing your unique expression of how to bring this work forth serving postpartum women.
- Case Study #1 must be done on YOURSELF—applying the information and techniques learned to your life and your body. This is ‘care for the caretaker’ and is how we practice in integrity. Case studies #2 and #3 may be done with clients, friends, or family members—whether one week or 10 years/plus postpartum. These case studies MUST BE PAID for. A reduced fee is fine, but they must be paid for.
- Each case study must be a written, 1-page review.
- You must create a resource list of women’s health providers within your community who offer the following:
Anything else YOU deem important
- Upon completion of the booklist reading and the case studies, a small group certification consultation is scheduled with Rachelle. Certification is $727, and can be scheduled/paid for under CONSULTATIONS. (please link to the "CONSULTATIONS" section - as one of the drop down options underneath INNATE Postpartum Care)
- Once your certification consultation is scheduled, you will be sent an email with important information of necessary steps.
- Successfully complete the certification consultation.
- Certification is to be completed within 9-months of the completion of INNATE’s training (either in-person or online). After 6-months, certification can still be completed, with a late fee of $117. After a 12 month period, INNATE’s training must be retaken/re-paid for, in order to complete the certification process.
Is there required reading?
There is a required reading if you are wanting to complete certification. These books can be read concurrently with INNATE's Training - or - can be read after INNATE's Training, before the certification deadline. The required reading books are:
- Maternity Coming Face to Face with Your Shadow by Laura Gutman -OR- Mothering From Your Center by Tami Lynn Kent.
- A Mind of Your Own -or- Own Yourself by Kelly Brogan
- Seven Times a Woman by Lia Andrews
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price
- Move Your DNA -or- Diastasis Recti by Katy Bowman
Get In Touch
Leave your message below and we'll be in touch.